Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spay - 27 Feb 2008

Mummy has asked around her friends, the internet and also the doc to see when is the best time to spay me. she has finally decided to do spay me before my 1st heat. As I'm reaching 7 months soon, mummy arranged with the doc for the surgery to be done today.

I has to stop drinking and eating from 12 midnight the night before. This morning when mummy woke up, I was waiting eagerly for my meal but it never came.. I kept following mummy around when she go around doing her daily routine, trying to hint her sometimes by licking her leg, but she still doesn't give me my meal.

At around 9 30am, mummy brought me out. I was excited, thinking that I can go have some fun today. Until I reach the clinic then I know that something is wrong. Why am I here?? When the assistant came out to bring me into the the operating room, I was already whinning. I was so scared. Mummy kept comforting me when she handed me over to the assistant and I hated her at this moment. I dun even want to look at mummy when she leave the clinic. Why is mummy leaving me behind at the place that I dislike the most???

On the operating table, the cleaned me at my tummy with some solution. Next they shave my arm so that they can poke something into me. They shave my other arm as they couldn't find my veins. Finally after a while, they poke me with a long and cold metal and I can see the liquid inside a container getting lesser and lesser. In no time, I was sleeping.

The next time I woke up, mummy was there waiting for me. Even though I was happy to see her and would forget what happened in the morning, I couldn't really move around. I can only see blur visions and wasn't in any mood to move around. Once home, mummy brought out my favourite food but due to restrict instructions from vet, mummy can only feed me 1/3 of my normal meal.I happily ate up the small potion but at a very slow pace. After that, I just lie on my bed and fall alseep till the next morning.

For the next 2 days, I have been sleeping most of the time. Doc also says that I cannot have any vigorous plays or exercise or risk an open wound. Mummy has been trying very hard to calm me down so that I wont get too exicted and hurt myself. Meals are back to normal portions and I ate them happily with no complains. I get to do whatever I want for the rest of the week. I didn't get a scolding or beating even if I accidentally pee or poo outside my pee tray. haha!! some priviledge here.. It would take around one to 2 weeks for me to fully recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment